[CentOS-mirror] CentOS Mirror System Proposals)

Fri Mar 10 00:40:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 15:12 -0600, Bob Pierce wrote:
> It doesn't look like LFS is supported by apache 2.0 on i386.

That is true ... we are working on something for that (either an
httpd-2.2 in centosplus or a patched version of httpd-2.0 with LFS
support in centosplus.  It does break some things either way (so I would
only use it on a mirror server and not on production boxes).  Neither of
these will probably be ready for the 4.3 release.

> I downloaded the Centos4.2 x86_64 DVD to our server as a test file.
> When I go to download it I get the following in the http error log:
> [error] [client 216.xx.xx.xx] (75)Value too large for defined data type:
> access to /CentOS-4.2-x86_64-binDVD1.iso failed
>
> So, we may be limited to only offering the dvd.iso files on our ftp
> mirror

That is a nice option.  We still need to workout the path details for
where the DVDs will go (on FTP servers), so I think initially on 4.3 we
will just stick to DVD only via BitTorrent.