[CentOS-mirror] 4.3 free drive space

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Mar 22 08:46:47 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 12:44:55AM -0500, Zenon Panoussis wrote:
>The downside of lockfiles is that if your script crashes they
>stay behind and keep blocking until you realise it and remove
>them manually. A somewhat better way to do this could be to
>look for the process. Something like

Actually, a lock-file should have the PID in it, and checking the lock file
would involve checking to see if the PID exists, and if not you nuke the
lockfile.

That said, I had a rsync hang up for 2 weeks once, and so now I have a
script from cron that once every day or two kills all the running rsyncs
and removes all the lock files.  Since then, I haven't had any issues with
stuck mirrors.

Thanks,
Sean
                 -- Alan Kay