[CentOS-mirror] CentOS Mirror System Proposals)

seth vidal

skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Mar 8 20:13:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 17:43 +0000, Lance Davis wrote:
> In order to scale up we may need for external mirrors to become hubs and
> act as sync masters for other mirrors. Alternatively we do need more
> geographically spread servers of our own - if anyone has any spare ....

Right now mirror.linux.duke.edu is available with a restricted rsync
port for mirroring. We have a lot of hosts that mirror fedora in our
allow list and I'm sure a lot of those same hosts mirror centos, as
well.

So anyone who is currently pulling direct from centos and already syncs
from mirror.linux.duke.edu for fedora releases can just grab centos from
us, too.

in short: mirror.linux.duke.edu is cool w/acting as a hub for
I2-connected institutions. If there are adjustments to how we currently
mirror centos that need to be made, let me know.

thanks
-sv