[CentOS-mirror] Only .torrents to mirrors?

William Dunn

wdunn at cs.vt.edu
Wed May 3 12:40:01 UTC 2006

Mark Nipper wrote:
> On 02 May 2006, Lance Davis wrote:
>> One problem is that Apache historically doesnt cope with files larger
>> than 2GB , and just refuses to display a directory listing at all when
>> such files are present.
>
>         Out of curiosity, what are other people running for their
> web server?  I'm running Apache 2.2 specifically because I mirror
> some things with DVD images which break the 2GB boundary.  I was
> running Cherokee previously, but found Apache better suited for
> my needs.  But I'm curious how other, larger mirrors are handling
> this.

Running 1.3.27.

Why?  That's what it was running when I inherited it.  I could upgrade
to 2.x probably without much headache; the machine doesn't do anything
else but mirror, and doesn't need php/mod_perl/wha'eva.

If you guys at Centos need us to do that, though, give us a couple of
days notice.

--
William Dunn
Unix / Linux Administrator