[CentOS-mirror] Running a CentOS mirror

Kasparek Tomas kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
Thu Oct 5 12:30:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 12:08:04PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Kasparek Tomas wrote:
> >>could anybody give me a rough idea of the amount of data transferred per
> >>day (or month) if I was to make my unofficial CentOS mirror (2.1, 3 and
> >>4, i386 only, no ISOs) "official"?
> >>
> >>I have 500GB per month available at the moment.
> >
> >Hello, merlin.fit.vutbr.cz has cca 35TB/month but it includes all versions
> >with all isos, and these ISOs are the majority of traffic, but if you will
> >include even CD isos only, I would expect, that 500GB/month will be not
> >enough.
> >
> is that 35TiB/Month just for the /CentOS/ portion of the machine or is
> that the total consumption ? I see you dont have many other mirrors, but
> you do seem to have a few hosted projects etc.

These other projects are quiet small, I just host slax mirror and
35TB/month is total (actually it ranges from 30 to 40TB/month), but I expect that
centos should be about 75-85% of total traffic.

  Tomas Kasparek, PhD student  E-mail: kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
  CVT FIT VUT Brno, BI/140a    Web:    http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~kasparek
  Bozetechova 2, 612 66        Fax:    +420 54114-1270
  Brno, Czech Republic         Phone:  +420 54114-1220

  ICQ: 293092805  jabber: tomas.kasparek at jabber.cz
  GPG: 2F1E 1AAF FD3B CFA3 1537  63BD DCBE 18FF A035 53BC