[CentOS-mirror] CentOS 3.7 and 4.3

Mon Oct 30 12:37:48 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 07:00 +0100, Mike Zanker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just wondering why 3.7 and 4.3 haven't been removed yet. Previous
> releases have usually been removed within a few days of a new release
> but these are still here after a couple of months.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike.

Mike,

To fully remove the 3.7 and 4.3 trees, we need full respins of all the
arches under each tree.  Mostly due to other commitments on my part, I
could not totally get the tree squared away with all the arches.

I am working on this now, and all the mirror owners will notice that
directories will be dropping out on the 3.7 and 4.3 trees and at the end
of the process, the 3.7 and 4.3 trees will be removed (3.7 and 4.3 are
already moved to vault.centos.org as well).

The /3/ , /3.8/ , /4/ , and /4.4/ trees should remain consistent
throughout this process ... so the impact should be minimal on external
mirrors.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes