[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror: Harvey Mudd College (Department of Mathematics)

Lance Davis lance at uklinux.net
Tue Sep 19 11:02:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Grigorios G. Papazoglou wrote:

> C.M. Connelly wrote:
>> I just noticed that our mirror has been listed on the CentOS
>> mirror list.
>
> To whom it may concern:
>
> I was wondering how long it takes for a mirror to be included in the
> list...It's been nearly 5 days now since I mentioned the launch of ours.
> Perhaps the CentOS people who read this list should realize that it is rather
> inpolite to behave like this to people who actually 'honor' them by spending
> a considerable amount of their (valuable) time (not to mention server and
> bandwidth resources) to mirror the project. Not even a reply to the list was
> submitted.

and you have to also consider the the centos maintainers are all
volunteers who have day jobs, families, holidays etc etc, apart from other
work to do on CentOS.

usually new mirrors are added within a week

unless you (or anyone else) want to volunteer to maintain the mirrors
database ??

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.