[CentOS-mirror] Mirror Size

Johnny Hughes

Sat Sep 9 11:35:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 10:26 -0500, Brian Elliott Finley wrote:
> Thus spake Lance Davis (lance at uklinux.net):
> >On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Brian Elliott Finley wrote:
> >
> >>I want to add CENTOS to the list of software that we mirror at Argonne
> >>National Laboratory:
> >>
> >>   http://mirror.anl.gov/
> >>
> >>I've looked through the mirror pages
> >>(http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=22), but was
> >>unable to find information on the size of a full mirror.  How much space
> >>do I need to make available?
> >
> >The current size of the complete CentOS repo (without dvd iso images) is
> >96171008248 bytes - ie 96 GB
>
> Does that include CD ISOs?
>
> How much if I include DVD ISOs?

currently that is 122GB ...

during release time, this number can grow considerably (by 20-30gb) and
then will decrease as we move the old release to the vault

HOWEVER ... since the upstream guys are getting ready to do "A New
Thing" wrt the releases (a 4.5.0, 4.5.1, 4.5.2 that will be supported
each for 18 months ... and 4.6.0 with 4.5.1 ... and 4.6.1 and 4.7.0 with
4.5.2, etc.).

We are not sure what the upstream policy will produce until we really
see it in practice ... so we really have no idea what it will cause in
size increases.

Also, CentOS-5 will be added to the mix in probably 3-4 months ... that
should be about another 30gb too.