[CentOS-mirror] Rsync on Windows & Mirroring Best Practices

Thu Sep 14 14:42:03 UTC 2006
Mote, Ty R. <Ty.Mote at krumisd.net>

Greetings,

I am new to the idea of mirroring, but I want to support CentOS by
sharing some of my bandwidth. I have read over the CentOS Mirroring
HowTo and set everything up as it states. However, the instructions
suggest that the reader contacts the mailing list for additional
instructions for using "lock files", etc.

I have Rsync working on my Windows Server 2003 box in daemon mode.
Everything appear to be functional. I would assume that I can now
schedule updates using "Scheduled Tasks" in place of CRON. Is this
accurate?

Lastly, I would like to mirror only the i386 & i386-64bit data
(including DVDs, and SRPMs). Would anyone have advice to lend for doing
that?

Thank you for your assistance!

--
Ty R. Mote