[CentOS-mirror] Rsync on Windows & Mirroring Best Practices

William Dunn

wdunn at cs.vt.edu
Fri Sep 15 00:56:15 UTC 2006

I made my own lockfiles, and I know they're not as robust as they should
be, but I did it in a hurry, and so far they've worked.

#!/bin/bash
if [ -f /root/rsync-scripts/centos.lockfile ]
then
echo "lock file exists, exiting..."
exit
fi
#echo "creating lock file..."
touch /root/rsync-scripts/centos.lockfile
rsync -aqzH --partial --delete us-msync.centos.org::CentOS
/home/ftp/pub/CentOS
rm -f /root/rsync-scripts/centos.lockfile

~Will

--
William Dunn
Unix / Linux Administrator