[CentOS-mirror] Syncing of CentOS 5 to mirrors.

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Thu Apr 12 15:34:41 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 12 avril 2007, Lance Davis a écrit :
> The sync seems to be going apace now - we aim to release tomorrow.
>
> Please would mirrors that have synced and have approx 20GB in the
> centos/5.0/ tree email this list to confirm.

distrib-coffee.ipsl.jussieu.fr seems to be synced:

[root at distrib-coffee nanardon]#
du -sh /mnt/distrib/distrib/linux/centos-mirror/5.0/
21G     /mnt/distrib/distrib/linux/centos-mirror/5.0/

BTW: an idea, I am currently testing parchive2 tools to provide small parity
file for DVD is of mandriva. This would allow to people either to download
small files, either to end an incomplete transfert with a minimal cost. Of
course this increase the size of the global mirrors, but 20% of parity block
is only 20% of the iso size.

My 2cts

Regards.