[CentOS-mirror] new mirror, questions

Alex Chekholko chekh at pcbi.upenn.edu
Thu Apr 26 15:00:01 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm working on configuring a full mirror of CentOS.  I have some questions.

People seem to be providing HTTP/FTP/rsync connection methods.  Is one of those better than the others? Which one is the most useful?

I'd like to mirror the DVD isos too, but they don't seem to be included in the main server.  Is there a separate procedure for mirroring the DVDs?

So far, I have this line scheduled via cron every 4 hours:

rsync -avH --delete us-msync.centos.org::CentOS /opt/mirror/pub/CentOS > /tmp/rsync.log

FTP: ftp://repo.bioinformatics.upenn.edu/pub/CentOS/
Rsync: No
Sync times: 6x per day
Releases: ALL
ISOs: Yes
Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Bandwidth: ~100Mb/s

Sponsoring Organization: Penn Center for Bioinformatics
   Contact Email: manager at pcbi.upenn.edu

Alex Chekholko