[CentOS-mirror] Status of dvd iso for CentOS mirrors.

Lance Davis

lance at centos.org
Sun Apr 15 23:22:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, archive-admin at mirrorservice.org wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Lance Davis wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, archive-admin at mirrorservice.org wrote:
>>

>>> on
>>> http://isoredirect.centos.org/mirrorscripts/chooseisolist.pl?release=5.0&arch=i386
>>> where not shown as having the dvdimages but we do(mirrorservice.org (GB) )
>>> available via ftp...
>>>
>>> http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos-dvd/
>>
>> When our script checks the dvd it gets a 403 ...
>>
>> Check  http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-DVD.iso - bad dvd - 403 Forbidden
>>
> Hmm ok not what i get from home ,work or the machine in london,
>
> What ip do the checks come from, and do you have a special user agent set?

72.21.40.10

probably LWP

> are you checking with a head request?

yes

But the same request works fine for the cd isos - this is the log :-

Name - UK Mirror Service - Univ. Kent - using url
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/sha1sum.txt
Check http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-3of6.iso - good
Check http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-2of6.iso - good
Check http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-1of6.iso - good
Check http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-6of6.iso - good
Check http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-5of6.iso - good
Check http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-DVD.iso - bad dvd - 403 Forbidden
Check http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.0/isos/i386/CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-4of6.iso - good

so whatever is happening seems dvd iso specific

Regards
Lance