[CentOS-mirror] Status of dvd iso for CentOS mirrors.

J.H.

warthog9 at kernel.org
Mon Apr 16 18:18:57 UTC 2007

Kernel.org would is completely willing.

However would it not make more sense to just set up a second rsync
target and explicitly exclude *DVD* or something akin to that so that
those not wanting the DVD's got everything BUT the dvd isos?  That might
be a lot quicker and simpler than doing a hard linked set of trees.

As for letting other mirrors sync from the tier1's is there any
consideration for authentication as it would be nice to just run, again,
a separate target that can see everything in the centos directory but
check either the incoming ip address or (as I currently have setup) a
username/password combination so that only mirrors are using those
targets and not the general public.  If you did it via an ip list you
could just have that sync with the rest of the Centos tree, if you did
it via username/passwords you'd need to have the tier1's sync a separate
target or something with that list.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Kernel.org Admin