[CentOS-mirror] Status of dvd iso for CentOS mirrors.

Kasparek Tomas

kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
Tue Apr 17 07:17:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 11:35:58AM +0100, Lance Davis wrote:
> There has been some confusion about the CentOS and CentOS-incdvd rsync
> targets , and the fact that some mirrors have dvd isos included in the
> CentOS target, so what we would like to do is to have a list of tier 1
> mirrors that :-
>
> 1. provide rsync access to the complete CentOS release tree
> 2. would be prepared to act as a seed for new mirrors
> 3. would be prepared to set up separate CentOS and CentOS-incdvd targets
> for other mirrors to sync against, either initial or recurring syncs (the
> trees would be hardlinked, so extra space required is minimal).
>
> We will then publish details for other and new mirrors of how they can
> sync against these master sync servers.
>
> If you would be prepared for your mirror to act as one, and have the
> bandwidth and capacity for it then please respond.

merlin.fit.vutbr.cz would like to participate, with that we added rsync
target so new info is:

Full mirror - all versions and archs

http http://merlin.fit.vutbr.cz/mirrors/centos/
rsync rsync://merlin.fit.vutbr.cz/CentOS /CentOS-incdvd
      merlin.fit.vutbr.cz::CentOS ::CentOS-incdvd
Sync: hourly
Location: Brno, Czech Republic, EU
Sponsor: Brno University of Technology, http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/
Contact: linux at fit.vutbr.cz
Speed: Server 1GbE, backbone 10GbE to Geant2

I differentiate the targest for rsync just by adding
exclude=*-DVD.iso so the part of config looks like

  [CentOS]
  comment="CentOS without DVDs"
  path=..../mirrors/centos
  exclude=*-DVD.iso

  [CentOS-incdvd]
  comment="CentOS with DVDs"
  path=..../mirrors/centos

is this ok?

Regards

  Tomas Kasparek, PhD student  E-mail: kasparek at fit.vutbr.cz
  CVT FIT VUT Brno, L127       Web:    http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~kasparek
  Bozetechova 1, 612 66        Fax:    +420 54114-1270
  Brno, Czech Republic         Phone:  +420 54114-1220

  ICQ: 293092805  jabber: tomas.kasparek at jabber.cz
  GPG: 2F1E 1AAF FD3B CFA3 1537  63BD DCBE 18FF A035 53BC