[CentOS-mirror] Limiting HTTP connections

Voll, Toivo

toivo at acnet.usf.edu
Wed Apr 25 13:46:02 UTC 2007

Apropos -- we're seeing the same issue. We presently use Apache as our server, but even it doesn't seem to be able to prevent the use of download accelerators, or if it can, I'm not smart enough to figure out how. How are other mirrors dealing with this problem?

(In our case we probably wouldn't care if the mirror had enough memory to keep everything in RAM, but it doesn't, so downloading a DVD iso in ten simultaneous pieces causes ten simultaneous random accesses on the disk, and that's not cool.)

--
Toivo Voll
Data Network Management