[CentOS-mirror] Mirrors out of date

Imre Gergely

imre.gergely at upc.ro
Sun Aug 5 14:22:31 UTC 2007

Kasparek Tomas wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 06:32:24AM +0100, Mike Zanker wrote:
>> a number of the top-level mirrors appear to have stopped updating. For
>> the past couple of days the time stamp files have not been updated on my
>> and quite a few other mirrors - see http://mirror-status.centos.org and
>> you'll see that many have a mirror age approaching 2 days. It seems to
>> be affecting European mirrors mostly.
>
> Basicly last few weeks, I got one of these for merlin.fit.vutbr.cz most of
> the time:
>
> rsync: failed to connect to msync-dvd.centos.org: Connection timed out (110)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(94)
>
> or
>
> @ERROR: failed to open lock file
> rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)
>
> I'm not completely sure that there is no problem on my server side, but as
> I'm now on some longer bussiness trip, I did't have time to check it and so
> did't send notice to maillist previously.

same thing happens to me too for ftp.astral.ro, like this:

[root at elf ~]# rsync --dry-run -avH --delete --exclude=".~tmp~/"
msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd
/store/public_volumes/v001/mirrors/centos.org/

msync.CentOS.org rsync service (CentOS R2)
---------------------------------------

This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide mirror
network
to synchronize mirrors.

Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror
use a mirror listed at
http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
notes at :- http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15

If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a
mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such mirror.

@ERROR: failed to open lock file
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1383) [receiver=2.6.9]

this and 'connection timed out's.

don't think is client side problem, i have a bunch of other mirrors too
that are working without problems. i wait a little bit, the run the
rsync again, this time with U2 server, and it's working fine.

--
Imre Gergely
ISP Services