[CentOS-mirror] RFC email for late/lagging CentOS public mirrors

Tru Huynh

tru at centos.org
Wed Dec 12 23:46:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 02:30:12PM -0500, Alex Chekholko wrote:
> Hi Tru,

Hi Alex,

> What are the current settings for removing mirrors from the
> mirror list?  I was under the impression that there is already an
> automated script that removes any mirror which is not responding.  Or
> perhaps that's only for the mirrorlist and not mirror-status?

that's correct: the mirrorlist and mirror status are generated automatically
(hourly) from the up to date public mirrors. The removal of the mirrors
from the database is manual (and will stay like that for the moment).

I just wanted to get your input for a correct/approved procedure to
remove mirrors from the database.

Cheers,

Tru