[CentOS-mirror] Preparing a new mirror

David Richardson

david.richardson at utah.edu
Sat Feb 17 01:19:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Kevin M Stange wrote:

> At the moment we're only doing HTTP access, and this is an experimental
> setup, so we have not imposed a specific bandwidth cap yet.   The
> connection is multi-homed over our "value network" which includes PCCW,
> nLayer, TeliaSonera, and local peering.  We're basically looking to
> garner usage levels and determine what level of service we are going to
> ultimately want to provide.

My mirror averages 50-60 gigabytes per day (I'm mirroring all of CentOS
and Fedora 5-6).

My instantaneous bandwidth rarely goes over about 20mbit.

> I'm interested in looking at mirroring the DVD ISOs, but I'm not sure
> where I should sync them from.

Feel free to pull them from http://mirror.chpc.utah.edu/pub/centos or
rsync://mirror.chpc.utah.edu/pub/centos

Dave

--
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>
"Today, we bring you greatest play in English language: