[CentOS-mirror] Preparing a new mirror

Matthew Martz

mdmartz at gflug.net
Tue Feb 20 01:36:31 UTC 2007

> With the information so far, I don't think we're going to impose any cap
>  for now.  We'll reevaluate depending upon actual usage, if it becomes
> necessary.  What's the next step to actually get the mirror listed on
> the mirrors page?
>
> --
> Kevin Stange
> Chief Technology Officer
> Steadfast Networks
> http://www.steadfast.net
> kevin at steadfast.net
> Phone: 312-602-2689 ext. 203 | Fax: 312-602-2688 | Cell: 312-320-5867

Please email the list when you're all set up with your cron job and your
initial sync is completed. We will add you to our list of mirror sites.
Please provide all relevant URL's (ftp/http/rsync/?) as well as how often
you are synchronizing the mirror network. Please include what
city/state/country you are in and what your bandwidth cap is. Also please
give a name and link to the sponsoring organization so we can give proper
credit. If the best contact point for your mirror is not the address you
are subscribed to the mailing list with, please provide the email address
of your preferred contact as well.

Please alert the CentOS-mirror mailing list if anything about the server
changes like location, available bandwidth, frequency of updates, etc.

We ask that Tier 2, personal, and company intranet mirror sites please
pick a Tier 1 mirror rather than synchronizing directly from the master
rsync server pool. We are not restricting the master rsync server pool in
order to help new mirror sites get online expediently but will re-examine
this issue if the master rsync server pool is overly used.

--
Matthew Martz
CentOS Mirror Admin
mdmartz at gflug.net