[CentOS-mirror] Preparing a new mirror

Kevin M Stange

kevin at steadfast.net
Tue Feb 20 01:49:08 UTC 2007

Matthew Martz wrote:
>> With the information so far, I don't think we're going to impose any cap
>>  for now.  We'll reevaluate depending upon actual usage, if it becomes
>> necessary.  What's the next step to actually get the mirror listed on
>> the mirrors page?
>>
>> --
>> Kevin Stange
>> Chief Technology Officer
>> Steadfast Networks
>> http://www.steadfast.net
>> kevin at steadfast.net
>> Phone: 312-602-2689 ext. 203 | Fax: 312-602-2688 | Cell: 312-320-5867
>>

> Please email the list when you're all set up with your cron job and your
> initial sync is completed. We will add you to our list of mirror sites.
> Please provide all relevant URL's (ftp/http/rsync/?) as well as how often
> you are synchronizing the mirror network. Please include what
> city/state/country you are in and what your bandwidth cap is. Also please
> give a name and link to the sponsoring organization so we can give proper
> credit. If the best contact point for your mirror is not the address you
> are subscribed to the mailing list with, please provide the email address
> of your preferred contact as well.
>
> Please alert the CentOS-mirror mailing list if anything about the server
> changes like location, available bandwidth, frequency of updates, etc.
>
> We ask that Tier 2, personal, and company intranet mirror sites please
> pick a Tier 1 mirror rather than synchronizing directly from the master
> rsync server pool. We are not restricting the master rsync server pool in
> order to help new mirror sites get online expediently but will re-examine
> this issue if the master rsync server pool is overly used.

I believe I've already taken care of those things, but I'll repost:

- Initial sync is long done.
- Contents: CentOS 3, 4 (Including DVDs), x86 and x86_64 only.
- Sync frequency is 4 times daily
- Location: Chicago, IL, USA
- Sponsored by: Steadfast Networks (http://steadfast.net)
- Bandwidth cap is not presently being imposed, should be burstable up
to at least 100 mbps.  We will notify the list if this is being reevaluated.

If there is anything /else/ I need to do, please let me know.  Thanks!

Kevin

--
Kevin Stange
Chief Technology Officer
kevin at steadfast.net
Phone: 312-602-2689 ext. 203 | Fax: 312-602-2688 | Cell: 312-320-5867