[CentOS-mirror] dvd rsync instructions

William Dunn wdunn at cs.vt.edu
Mon Jul 2 13:39:22 UTC 2007

The CentOS folks have to approve you for downloading the DVD ISOs
directly from them, and then there's a super secret rsync address you
use, that I think is IP restricted.  Talk to one of the folks at CentOS.

Alternatively, you can download via rsync from one of the mirrors that
offers rsync access and has the DVD ISOs.  I think the kernel.org guys
have the ISOs, but you need to talk to them to get access.  I mention
them cause they probably have the fattest (and phattest) pipes of us all.

Else, just visit
http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13 and find
someone who offers Rsync and dvd isos.

~Will

Robert Tyree wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We will be upgrading the storage on our mirror server and would like to start mirroring the CentOS dvd iso's.  Could someone please direct me to instructions on how to get  rsync to pull down the dvd images?  Your help is appreciated.
>
> --
> Rob Tyree
> Versaweb Hosting
> 702-478-6598

William Dunn
Unix / Linux Administrator
Virginia Tech Computer Science Department
wdunn at cs.vt.edu / 540-231-3167