[CentOS-mirror] mirror.ncsa.uiuc.edu/centos Access Restricted

Matt Martz

centos at sivel.net
Tue Jun 19 19:16:58 UTC 2007

On 6/19/07, Bill Glick <wglick at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Until we can provide better support for a CentOS mirror, we've
> restricted access to our mirror to only access via our local campus
> networks.
>
> We want to provide a much more robust public mirror to help support
> CentOS in the future, but can't allocate the resources for this at the
> moment.
>
> --
> Bill Glick
> System Engineer, Production Services Infrastructure
> NCSA - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In the event that you are/were using the msync servers to sync with please
read the following:

At this point please stop syncing against the msync mirrors and begin
syncing from a tier 1 mirror listed here:

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

In the future when you provide a public mirror again you can again use the
mysnc mirrors.

Thanks!

--
Matt Martz