[CentOS-mirror] Mirroring Release of CentOS 5 Beta

Lance Davis lance at centos.org
Thu Mar 8 01:30:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, mirror-maintainer at mirror.averse.net wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Lance Davis wrote:
>
>> In preparation for the public release of CentOS 5 beta, we would like to
>> expand the number of mirror servers that have the beta as we expect it to
>> be a popular download.
>>
>> So if any mirrors - especially ones with large bandwidth - can agree to the
>> following please let us know :-
>>
>> 1. set up an apache virtual host as beta.centos.or
>>
>> 2. set up rsync for beta.cenros.org with targets we specify
>>

> How much disk space is required for the beta?

At present it looks like it will be 26 GB plus 8 GB for dvd isos -
although we are working on how to present those dvd isos - and it may just
be via bitorrent and maybe rsync, unless we have a second virtual host for
the dvd isos and only those mirrors that are capable of presenting them
being part of that rrdns grouping.

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.