[CentOS-mirror] Mirroring Release of CentOS 5 Beta

Lance Davis

lance at centos.org
Thu Mar 8 13:33:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Lars Strand wrote:

> On tor, 08 mar 2007, archive-admin at mirrorservice.org wrote:
>

>> Id agree that perhaps a more general perhaps a sub tree of the main
>> mirror?
>
> I agree. It should be easy enough to exclude a 5-beta* directory than
> starting an separate mirror tree. Every other Linux distribution I
> know does it this way - so why can't CentOS? I can't see that disk space
> on all the mirrors should be of any concern - if mirrors have limited
> space, they will hit that limit when v5 is released anyway.

Well the difference is that CentOS does not usually push beta trees out to
mirrors at all.

This time around we think that our internal servers would struggle to
cope so we are wanting a few external mirrors to help.

But we do want to keep it separate from our main tree.

Although we will discuss internally ...

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.