[CentOS-mirror] Mirroring Release of CentOS 5 Beta

Thu Mar 8 01:37:14 UTC 2007
Lance Davis <lance at centos.org>

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Tobias Offermann wrote:

>> 2. set up rsync for beta.cenros.org with targets we specify
>
> i think rsync does not bring any protocol inherent capabilities
> for virtual hosting along?
> so we would need a new ip for this host or mix your targets
> with the existing ones? is it likely targets will collide? would
> it be okay for you to "share" targets on this host?
> (or maybe *does* rsync support virtual hosting?)

It is unlikley that targets would collide - all centos targets would
usually have centos- as part of the target name.

no - i dont thnk rsync does support that - so as you say - either a
separate ip or expect that all your targets would show up on
rsync://beta.centos.org

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.