[CentOS-mirror] Mirroring Release of CentOS 5 Beta

Fri Mar 9 06:42:57 UTC 2007
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Richard Ford wrote:

>> * I have a name virtual host, which responds to the names
>>   beta.centos.org and centos-beta.mirror.chpc.utah.edu
>>

> Just out of interest - is this something that is needed for regular
> centos mirrors?  Because I have found that the mirrlist geoip stuff -
> never directs yum to our server - but continues to point us to japan or
> korea..... :-\

This is the first site for which I've set up a separate vhost. But since
the goal was to be able to have beta.centos.org point to different servers
and have an identical look, I did it for this special case.

> Cheers Dave, good checklist.
>
> RF.

Thanks, Richard, and cheers to you as well.

Dave