[CentOS-mirror] Mirroring Release of CentOS 5 Beta

Thu Mar 8 02:52:37 UTC 2007
Lance Davis <lance at centos.org>

Thanks for all the offers of mirrors for the beta - we are going to
restrict access to our servers by ip - so if you could all email what ip
your server will be accessing from that would help - although we do have
records of some.

The actual sync needs to be done from rsync beta-sync.centos.org::centos-beta

It is also accesible as us-beta-sync for us mirrors and eu-beta-sync for
eu ones. We dont have geoip based dns set up for it yet.

If you could make sure that the tree you present looks the same as ours eg
has a /centos/ dir , because all beta.centos.org need to look the same ...

Also the beta tree will be embargoed until a date/time to be emailled to
this list. We will make the embargoed subdirectories non-publically
readable until release time , but you will need to exclude them from rsync
target, we will publish suitable exclude= for the rsync target, (and maybe
also for ftp).

At release time we will make the  released dir publicaly readable so that
he next sync will make it available.

We will check all mirrors contain suitable data before adding them to our
dns , so please make sure that the tree is accessible either by ip or via
a different virtual host.

So - what we need :-

mirror :
ip address for rsync access :
url for testing :

Thanks

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.