[CentOS-mirror] mirrorlist.centos.org vs mirror-status.centos.org

Thu May 10 20:16:17 UTC 2007
Lance Davis <lance at centos.org>

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Pekka Savola wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We (www.nic.funet.fi) are listed and OK on mirror-status.centos.org.
>
> However, I can't seem to get mirrorstatus.centos.org to point to us.  For
> example, the following doesn't list either of the Finnish mirrors:
>
> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=4&arch=i386&repo=updates&cc=fi
>
> Shouldn't mirrorlist.centos.org reflect the valid mirros listed on
> mirror-status ?

Well mirror-status just looks at the timestamp in the root directory.

The mirrorlist system looks at the repodata in each repo to check that
they are available and current.

But I think the problem with the .fi mirrors is taht we dont have a cc for
them set up - I will look into that.

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.