[CentOS-mirror] Question about downtime

Mon May 21 16:43:57 UTC 2007
Lance Davis <lance at centos.org>

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Magnus Morén wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The mirror at Halmstad University is now (since this morning, UTC)
> officially in the mirror list and I have seen traffic all day.
>
> Question: Is there any procedure to follow if I must schedule downtime
> for the server? (ie downtime for 5 minutes to update kernel *or*
> downtime for one day (or more).

Well, downtime for 5 minutes noone will notice - unless they are in the
middle of a long download ,get kicked off and they arent in a position to
resume ...

Downtime for a day or more will be picked up by our systems and the
listing will automatically drop off our website etc.

In my experience when we are told about small outages - we dont look at
the emails until after the outage has been and gone ....

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.