[CentOS-mirror] Problems with max clients being reached

Tue Oct 16 05:31:18 UTC 2007
Stuart McKim <mckim at osuosl.org>

I have been trying to sync our mirror from msync.centos.org and
consistently receive max connections errors. Since this seems to be the
case for days on end, my mirror never gets a chance to sync.

Is there a way to find out when there are times of low connections so I
can choose a time that will allow me to connect? I know that if someone
tells me a particular time, a whole bunch of other mirror admins will
probably jump on that same time, which would be pointless. So, it would
be nice to be able to see a graph with the number of connections over
time to make an informed decision when this happens.

I've also tried to use us-msync.centos.org, but have not had any better
results.

Thanks,
Stuart

--