[CentOS-mirror] Re: mirror down - bluehost

Lauro, John jlauro at umflint.edu
Thu Apr 10 23:43:43 UTC 2008

I don't see how they (host gator) can offer that much at that rate.  I
assume they figure most people will just pay it and not come close to
using it...  They can always rate limit you to say 10mb and still call
it unlimited, but still I think they would have to be loosing money
even if they cap at 10mb/s...  Their rates for dedicated servers are
not that good, so it's not like they are getting extremely cheap
bandwidth...

I think it's it poor taste that they didn't at least give you a 30 day
warning or something...

If you continue to have problems, you may want to setup your initial
seed from a different source (and possibly ongoing too), such as
rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/.