[CentOS-mirror] RayStedman.org Bandwidth

Fri Apr 25 22:13:29 UTC 2008
greg at raystedman.org <greg at raystedman.org>

Good Afternoon,

We have excess bandwidth that we have been donating to the CentOS.org mirror
for several months now.  We are starting to exceed the available bandwidth
we have available on our server.  I performed some traffic analysis and find
that on the 17th of April there was a significant increase in daily traffic
from the mirror.  Our bandwidth consumption increased from 25GB per day to
over 150GB per day and has been holding steady at this level.  Our monthly
allocation of bandwidth will be exceeded if we continue at this rate.

We would like to continue donating bandwidth to CentOS.org but we need to
find a way to control the amount of bandwidth that it is consistent with our
monthly allocation.  We currently support all releases and the DVDs.  Is the
correct answer to reduce the amount of content we support on the mirror?
Perhaps we should support release 5.x only?

Please give me your thoughts on how to best remain below our monthly
bandwidth allocation and support the CentOS.org community at the same time.

Have a great day everyone!  Greg