[CentOS-mirror] RayStedman.org Bandwidth

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Apr 27 13:54:49 UTC 2008

greg at raystedman.org wrote:
> Thank you very much for the feedback here guys!  I believe we will drop the
> DVDs for now and see where that leaves us.  Tru: Please change us to DVD=No.

Why dont you look at your logs and see where the traffic is ? Perhaps an
ISP has started using your mirror as a 'local asset' ? a polite email to
them might help.

There hasent been any new iso release in the last few weeks, and I would
be very surprised if the 5 fold increase in your b/w usage would be
coming from generic dvd downloads. If you have limited b/w, dropping the
DVD's would be a good idea anyway, I am just not sure if that is whats
to blame in your case this time.

> Mod_cband looks like it has a great deal of flexibility as well.  I will try
> to read up on it over the next few days.  Does anyone know if you can
> specify a subdomain as a limiting target?

yes you can, Also if you are going to consider dropping the b/w below
50mbps, please consider dropping the mirror completely.