[CentOS-mirror] OT: weird problem downloading big files

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 02:50:18 UTC 2008

I've stuck with a weird problem...

I can't download "big" files, I mean, I can't download well DVD iso files, for
example, if I try download any file of
I get something so:

           => `mandriva-linux-2008.0-free-dvd-i586.iso'
Resolviendo linux.cucea.udg.mx...
Connecting to linux.cucea.udg.mx||:80... conectado.
Petición HTTP enviada, esperando respuesta... 200 OK
Longitud: 269.768.704 (257M) [application/octet-stream]

14.872        17.01K/s

257M??? Why other iso files has similar problem....

At first glance, I think that my wireless router was putting a limit, but then
I connect directly to my ISP... I'm not behind a proxy (well, I don't if my
ISP has one) but it's a recent
problem, please could say me what's wrong?

Same problem using either Mandriva 2008 or Fedora 8  :(

Sergio Belkin