[CentOS-mirror] Kernel.org heads up

Thu Feb 7 22:51:24 UTC 2008
J.H. <warthog9 at kernel.org>

Hey everyone,

Just a quick heads up since it seems to have come to be an issue -
Kernel.org is down one of the mirror machines due to an array trying to
get rebuilt after a failed drive.  If your using kernel.org for syncing
expect delays, slowdowns and the inevitable

$ rsync mirrors.kernel.org::
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far)
[receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(463)
[receiver=2.6.8]

which means we either are serving as many connections as we allow for
(I've upped it some) or we've exceeded our load threshold and are
denying new connections until the load drops.

We should have this settled soon - it's just taking us longer than we
expected.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley