[CentOS-mirror] belnet mirror broken

Tru Huynh

tru at centos.org
Tue Feb 19 15:20:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:37:31AM +0100, Peter Kjellstrom wrote:
> The mirror has updated timestamp but not updated content (lacks for example
> the latest kernel update...)

Hi,

Heads up for public mirror syncing from belnet and not centos.org servers.

I think belnet is upgrading their server
<quote http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/>
  ***                                                          ***
  ***                      !!! IMPORTANT !!!                   ***
  ***                                                          ***
  ***  We are busy upgrading our ftp server.                   ***
  ***  You may suffer of connexions problems meanwhile.        ***
  ***                                                          ***
  ***  Please, accept our apologizes, and be sure that we are  ***
  ***  doing our best to fix the problems and to assure the    ***
  ***  best enhancements of our service.                       ***
  ***                                                          ***
  ***                        the BELNET ftp maintainers team   ***
</quote>

The timestamp.txt and TIME from the CentOS tree is correct
but files haven't been updated since Feb 9th...
ftpmaint at belnet.be have been warned.

Until this is fixed, I have disabled the listing of belnet from the
mirrorlist.

Cheers,

Tru