[CentOS-mirror] Yum 3.2.8-9 from msync-dvd.centos.org wrong?

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Mon Jul 21 21:33:05 UTC 2008

Kevin Stange wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>>
>>> I forgot to mention this was at:
>>>
>>> /centos/5/updates/x86_64/RPMS/
>>>
>>> Additionally, I've heard reports that more than just the "yum"
>>> package were reporting errors.  It seems it may be limited to x86_64,
>>> but I'd rather not have to go through and md5sum the whole tree.
>>
>> I heard that there was a problem with external mirrors, I did not hear
>> that there was a problem on msync-dvd.centos.org.
>>
>> I can test all the md5sums for all yum packages if there seems to be a
>> problem on msync-dvd.
>>
>> not sure how these could be wrong as they should be hardlinks of one
>> another (all the files in question are noarch files, so they were only
>> built once)
>>

> Did you just fix something?  I ran a new sync and it re-hardlinked a
> bunch of files that were previously not and there are no longer any
> files that aren't hardlinked.

Yes, I went through and manually hard linked all the noarch files, as
you were correct that some had different md5sums even though they were
hard linked.

I am looking for an answer as to why the hardlink.py program might have
screwed this up ... I have no idea how or why it might have done so.

I have turned off the script that hardlinks files until we can clear up
what seems to cause this issue.