[CentOS-mirror] New Irish Mirror

Paul Kelly :: Blacknight paul at blacknight.com
Mon Mar 24 21:31:17 UTC 2008

Hi there,

We're considering a new public Mirror in .ie as I can see from the mirror list there is only 1, HEAnet which had a hiccup last week. So it makes sense to have at least 1 other in Ireland.

Our mirror will be in Dublin.

A few questions if I may?

1) What's the total mirror size? Are there any growth graphs over the past 36 months or similar?
2) What amounts of bandwidth do mirrors normally consume?, 10,20,30-100mbit/s etc?
3) Are there scripts for managing the CentOS distribution other than a simple rsync cronjob?
4) How often should we update it?
5) Are there any gotchas we should be aware of?

Anything else we should be aware of? :)

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Kelly