[CentOS-mirror] Re: CentOS mirror down? http://ftp.gui.uva.es/sites/centos.org/

Tue May 6 13:47:27 UTC 2008
Guillermo R <billy at gui.uva.es>

    Hi!

   yep, I'm afraid the site has literally vanished :|
Last week we detected an 80% packet loss inside our network. We detected
it was caused by our gateway, so when we were going to disconnect it to
check its power source, we also had to disconnect the ftp server.

   We managed to fix the power source of our gateway (with a new one of
the two we had for these emergencies) and powered on eveything nack but
the ftp server won't start...

So... again, check ftp server's power source, and dead :S Unfortunately,
the other power source is not enough for this server, we've ordered a new
one (a little bit more powerful because it might be the reason for its
death though I just think it was Murphy's Law...) and we've been told that
tomorrow it will be delivered.
We think we will have the machine back by tomorrow's afternoon or the next
day at the latest.

   I'm sorry for the inconveniences. It's something just happened and we
haven't been able to deal it with till yesterday.

   Guillermo R

   PS: I'm sending a copy of this e-mail to the CentOS Mirror's Mailing
List so everybody knows about the issue.

  <          Guillermo Rodriguez Cano ||| billy at gui.uva.es           >
  <    So this is how liberty dies... with a thunderous applause     >
  <            (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith 2005)             >
  < Grupo Universitario de Informatica ||| Universidad de Valladolid >
  <             Miembro Num. 248 ||| Presidente del GUI              >