[CentOS-mirror] major/minor version in tree

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Tue Nov 11 10:35:22 UTC 2008

Maria Iano wrote:
> /var/www/html/centos/5.2/os/i386
> /var/www/html/centos/5.2/updates/i386
> /var/www/html/centos/5.2/os/x86_64
> /var/www/html/centos/5.2/updates/x86_64
>
> and I'm wondering whether I also need to create:
>
> /var/www/html/centos/5/os/i386
> /var/www/html/centos/5/updates/i386
> /var/www/html/centos/5/os/x86_64
> /var/www/html/centos/5/updates/x86_64

If you rsync the tree, those are created as symlinks to the current
CentOS version (so at the moment it is linked to 5.2, it will get linked
to 5.3 when that comes out). Your machines should hit the "/5/" version
so that updates to 5.x happen "automagically".

By the way: If you aren't going to offer a public mirror, you have hit
the wrong list - this should go to centos at centos.org. This list is for
people offering public mirrors.

Cheers,

Ralph