[CentOS-mirror] mirrors in Romania hosted by the RLUG community

Manuel Wolfshant ftpadmin at lug.ro
Tue Sep 2 13:20:30 UTC 2008

On 09/01/2008 06:07 PM, Tru Huynh wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 04:08:29AM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>>    Starting this week, the RLUG community operates three mirrors, all

>>    Due to space constrains, only ftp.nb.lug.ro carries the DVD isos.

>>    Please remove the previous settings, which were based on the round
>> robin address ftp.lug.ro. That CNAME is still valid, but we prefer a
>> finer grained reference.
>>
> s/ftp.lug.ro/ftp.nb.lug.ro/g done ;)

    I apologize, probably I was not clear. There are three different
mirrors, hosted at 3 different ISP. ftp.nb.lug.ro is just one of them
(and the only one which carries the DVD images). Please be as kind as to
add the two others that I have mentioned,  ftp.ines.lug.ro and
ftp.gts.lug.ro . All three of them mirror the Centos4 and Centos 5.

    As a different problem, it would be nice if it you could remove the
mirrors from .pl and .cz from the list of repos returned by mirrorlist
when country=ro. They are randomly picked if yum-fastestmirror is not
installed and the access times are awful because there is no direct
peering between Romania and those countries, connections are routed via
Austria or Germany.

    Thank you

    Manuel