[CentOS-mirror] Centos Mirror Quality

Svante Svedin svante.svedin at its.uu.se
Mon Apr 27 14:35:27 UTC 2009

Hello,

http://www.centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=118 states that
your automatic redirect system chooses between 100 mirrors around the
world.

We at ftp.sunet.se would like to know if our mirror is on the list ?
If we are; do you have any logging info about how our mirror is behaving ?

We are experiencing timeouts from our servers and would like to know if
you have too. We want to find the problem so we can make our servers
even better. :)

If you do not have time to answer or if you prefere to not go into such
detail please let us know.

Example of info that might be useful:

Have you experienced any more timeouts from us ?
If so, what kind of error ? When ?
What types of tests do you perform ? From the same host all the time ?
Do your have response time measurements ? Are they consistently close to
the limit or is it just the failing connections that are slow ?

Take care!
/Svante

archive at ftp.sunet.se

--
Svante Svedin

svante.svedin at its.uu.se

Postadress    IT-stöd, Uppsala Universitet
        Box 887
        751 08 Uppsala

Besöksadress    MIC, Lägerhyddsvägen 2, hus3
        (Polacksbacken)
        752 37 Uppsala