[CentOS-mirror] vault.centos.org rsync module?

Mon Apr 6 09:55:57 UTC 2009

Hey,

J.H. wrote:
> I was just looking to try and get access to rsync on vault.centos.org
> and get a full, and semi regular (maybe once a week) sync going from it.
>   Anyone know how to access that (not sure of the module name), and I
> would hate to abuse the thing by running wget against the website :-/

There isnt any rsync module for vault... perhaps we should create one.
Would you be ok to host a vhost config for it at your end ? that way we
can keep it away from the main tree, and include your mirror into the
rrdns cycle at this end.

Would you also be interested in older DVD's isos ? ( that might be a bit
more tricky to get up ).

Finally, it would be nice if vault wasent too visible. After all, the
only packages in vault are things that are now deprecated due to
bugfix/security/enhancement updates

- KB