[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror - Space Required?

Tru Huynh

tru at centos.org
Tue Feb 17 20:46:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:51:28PM -0600, Tim Nelson wrote:

> Thank you! That helps quite a bit! Since I'll only be mirroring the os and
> update repos for both archs, it looks like I'll be sitting at ~20GB or so.

If you don't intend to make a public mirror with all the required repos
(isos/SRPMS/...) please don't use the centos.org servers and sync from
the listed tier 1 mirrors.

<quote from rsync from centos.org "agreement">
msync.CentOS.org rsync service
-------------------------------

This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide mirror network
to synchronize mirrors.

Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror
use a mirror listed at http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
notes at :- http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15

If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a
mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such mirror.

</quote>

Thanks,

Tru