[CentOS-mirror] MirrorManager netblock redirection?

Chuck Anderson

cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Feb 17 22:38:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:25:35PM +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Chuck Anderson wrote:
> >                                              It looks like CentOS is
> > using MirrorManager on the backend to handle mirror lists and
> > automatic mirror redirection.  Is there any way I can sign up for a
> > MirrorManager account to create a private mirror entry that redirects
> > clients within my netblock like I do for Fedora?
>
> Not really possible - we use a GeoIP based backend for doing so. No, it is
> not mirrormanager >:)

Darn.  MirrorManager @ Fedora also does GeoIP, but combines this with
netblock overrides.  Would you be interested in eventually switching
to MirrorManager?  That would also allow you to offload a lot of
manual work registering mirror systems, etc. and allow users to do
this themselves.