[CentOS-mirror] ftp.riken.jp is ready for Centos 5.3 (experimental 10GbE connection to WAN)

Ichihara Takashi ichihara at ribf.riken.jp
Tue Mar 31 17:27:47 UTC 2009

FTP.RIKEN.JP is now ready for CentOS 5.3 (except for iso-DVDs which
are now under rsyncing). So official CentOS mirrors can try to rsync to

This server (ftp.riken.jp) has been connected at 10 Gbps to WAN
which many academic sites (universities and research institutes) in Japan
are connected.

This is the first experimental connection at 10 Gbps of this server.
I can not expect what will be happen. So please try it at your own risk.

I have checked all the md5sums for iso CD images of i386 and X86_64
and they are OK.

Takashi Ichihara (RIKEN)

On 09.3.30 0:53 PM (JST), Takashi Ichihara wrote