[CentOS-mirror] ftp.riken.jp is ready for Centos 5.3 (experimental 10GbE connection to WAN)

Ichihara Takashi

ichihara at ribf.riken.jp
Tue Mar 31 16:27:47 UTC 2009

Hi

FTP.RIKEN.JP is now ready for CentOS 5.3 (except for iso-DVDs which
are now under rsyncing). So official CentOS mirrors can try to rsync to

rsync://ftp.riken.jp/centos/5.3/
rsync://ftp.riken.jp/centos

This server (ftp.riken.jp) has been connected at 10 Gbps to WAN
http://www.sinet.ad.jp/topology
which many academic sites (universities and research institutes) in Japan
are connected.

This is the first experimental connection at 10 Gbps of this server.
I can not expect what will be happen. So please try it at your own risk.

I have checked all the md5sums for iso CD images of i386 and X86_64
and they are OK.

Regards,
Takashi Ichihara (RIKEN)

On 09.3.30 0:53 PM (JST), Takashi Ichihara wrote