[CentOS-mirror] Alternative for rsync

Wed May 6 09:12:47 UTC 2009

Prof. P. Sriram wrote:
> On Wed, 6 May 2009, Manikanta wrote:
>> Is there any HTTP based synchroniztion tool?
> organization to open the port. does your organization really believe in
> port number / protocol based security?

This isnt the right list for this sort of a conversation. Anything that
isnt meant to be specific to public centos mirrors should be taken to a
user mailing list, and not this list.

conversation of this nature has zero interest to mirror admins and its
the sort of thing that causes them to get upset about and then start
leaving the list. We *really* dont want that to happen.

So, take it elsewhere. And also for the regulars who are on the list for
a while, can you please refrain from posting followups to such posts and
just point people to the right list instead ? Thanks!