[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror specs

David Richardson david.richardson at utah.edu
Wed Oct 21 17:41:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, João Carlos Mendes Luís wrote:

> Hi,
>    This is surely a FAQ, but I could not find the answer anywhere.
>    What are the needs in terms of disk space for a CentOS mirror?   I
> understand that we can choose to carry DVD images or not, but can we
> choose to carry only some archs and/or releases?  And in this cases, are
> there already any measures on disk space needed?   Is there some
> expectancy on how this will increase over time?
>    I hope to set up a new 1Gbps mirror (inside a 20Gbps backbone) in
> Brazil ASAP, but first I need to get these and some other answers to
> convince the bureaucrats.   ;-)

My mirror (mirror.chpc.utah.edu) is using 160G right now (that includes
the DVDs).

After the 5.4 release, when the 5.3 tree is removed, that will drop back
down to about 130G.

David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>
"There are two kinds of statistics:
the kind you look up and the kind you make up."
-- Archie Goodwin, Death of a Doxy